Australian Architecture Association Volunteer Tour Leaders
AAA has a dedicated team of volunteer tour leaders who are responisble for conducting a large part of our tour program and are an elite group of trained experts. We come from all walks of life and we all share our passion in the art of architecture.
Volunteer Training Program
Every year, AAA offers those wishing to participate, a full Volunteer Training Program, including a wealth of knowledge about Sydney Architecture and tour conducting techniques.
Once graduated, you will be qualified to lead one of our walks. Many of us have been involved in further exciting roles such as researching and developing new tours or training new tour leaders.
- Attend and pass the Volunteer Training Program.
- Commit to lead AAA tours for a minimum of 2 years.
- 30 hours of volunteering activities.
- Attend our monthly tour leaders' meeting
- Commit to continuing education by attending planned AAA activities
Currently most of our regular programs are after hours or on the weekend, however, we do conduct mid-week tours.
- Volunteer tour leaders receive free AAA membership.
- Participate in social events throughout the year including exclusive visits to private architectural projects, dinners and Christmas party.
- If you are a registered architect in NSW, your involvment in tour leading can be counted towards your CPD points.