The AAA needs you - donate to Keep Architecture Open 2017 NOW! Our not-for-profit organisation is passionate about making architecture and design accessible to everyone and we need your continued support to fund our operations.
Our amazing group of volunteer tour leaders form the backbone of our Association and its’ your support that helps us train the skilled volunteers who lead our walking tours. We want to continue developing and providing a rich program of walks, tours and talks in 2018 and are running a fund raising campaign. By pledging you continue to 'Keep Architecture Open' to everyone and you can reap some great rewards for your generosity!
Donate now and be rewarded! Click here to show you love the AAA.
We're reaching out to you because we are hoping to raise over $10,000 to help us continue to run our yearly program of educational tours and talks in NSW and interstate. We are offering some great benefits in appreciation of your support.
ABOUT THE AAA
The Australian Architecture Association (AAA) is a not for profit organisation that has been promoting a greater understanding of architecture and design since 2004. The AAA is a volunteer run organisation, and it is only possible for us to continue providing educational programs with the generous support of our members, partners and volunteers.
The Australian Architecture Association’s vision is that through education and greater understanding, people have the power to effect positive change in the way their built environment is shaped.
Our yearly program includes:
- Weekly architectural walking tours through suburbs around Sydney that promote an understanding of the unique qualities of Sydney’s communities and environment.
- Monthly opening the doors of a private home and meeting the architects who demonstrate how clever design can better serve the needs of individuals.
- Bus tours showcasing residential architecture both locally and interstate.
- Special talks that provide an opportunity to discover developments in contemporary design and how home grown and international designers can contribute to a more sustainable future.
How can you help? We believe in people power, every donation helps no matter how small!
The Australian Architecture Association is not about promoting individual designers, it is about allowing people to understand and celebrate the value of architecture, interior design, urban planning and heritage.
We believe that everyone should be empowered to effect positive change on the way our cities are shaped and this can only happen through fostering understanding and encouraging people to debate the merits of architecture and design. We want to thank you in advance for your generous support!
Click here to show you love and support the Australian Architecture Association.
- Article: Annette Dearing and Vanessa Couzens
- Image 1: Show the love and Keep Architecture Open!
- Image 2: AAA trained volunteer tour leader Stephen Dwyer introduces the Auckland Philoharmonia Orchestra to Customs House on a private tour in 2017 (Photographer Annette Dearing).
- Image 3: The Tent House, Noosa region, designed by Sparks Architects (Photographer Vanessa Couzens)
- Image 4: AAA Black Talk by Architect Julian Lipscombe, Director at Bennetts Associates London, July 2016 (Photographer Vincent Lam).