Are you interested in becoming a volunteer? Now is the time to contact the Australian Architecture Association and register your interest in attending our information evening on Thursday 10 August 2017.
We have a small team of dedicated volunteers who range in age and experience, but share a high level of enthusiasm for architecture, people, and what happens in our built environment.
What do our volunteers do?
AAA volunteers work directly to the associations' Aim – promoting contemporary architecture and design to as many people as possible, and building architectural appreciation in the community.
These architecture enthusiasts broaden their knowledge through researching, learning and delivering tours, and interpreting the buildings for participants.
Our volunteers undertake a training program developing public presentation skills. Assistance is available with research, which sometimes includes a meeting with the volunteer chair and other volunteer tour leaders to discuss the concept of a particular building.
So what qualities do you need to become a AAA Volunteer?
- An enthusiasm for design, architecture and the built environment is a must! Previous formal education on the subject of architecture is not necessary.
- Confidence in your ability to learn how to present to small groups of people.
- As the majority of our tours are presented in English, you'll need good verbal skills in English.
- Willingness to undertake the AAA training program, which takes place over a series of Saturdays. You'll also be keen to support existing tour leaders after you've successfully completed training.
AAA Volunteers gather together over various times in the year to discuss feed-back on existing tours and to share ideas on new tours, and to socialize.
Don't hesitate to register your interest in attending the volunteer information night by clicking here.
Join the AAA team.
Interpreting architecture and design to the public through guided tours.
- Article: Annette Dearing & Vanessa Couzens
- Image 1: Tour participants on the Redfern Walk with AAA tour leaders and architects Terence Yong and Kian Lee Khoo
- Image 2: Tour participants on the McMahons Point Walk with AAA tour leader and architect Ben Gerstel
- Image 3: Tour participants on the Sculpture Walk with AAA tour leader and interior designer Vanessa Couzens