We want to continue providing to you a rich program of walks, tours and talks in 2015 in Sydney and expand our program in Melbourne. We are running an operations funding drive on the crowd funding website Pozible. By pledging you 'Keep Architecture Open for Everyone' and you reap some great rewards for your generosity!
The Australian Architecture Association (AAA) is a not for profit organisation that has been promoting a greater understanding of architecture and design since 2004.
The AAA is a volunteer run organisation, and it is only possible for us to continue providing educational programs with the generous support of our members, partners and volunteers.
We are reaching out to you because we are hoping to raise over $7,500 to help us continue to run and ultimately continue to expand our yearly program of educational walks, tours and talks. We have put together some great benefits in appreciation of your support.
The Australian Architecture Association's vision is that through education and greater understanding, people have the power to effect positive change in the way their built environment is shaped.
Our yearly program includes:
- Weekly architectural walking tours through suburbs around Sydney that promote an understanding of the unique qualities of Sydney's Communities and environment.
- Monthly opening the doors of a private home and meeting the architects who demonstrate how clever design can better serve the needs of individuals.
- Bus tours showcasing residential architecture both locally and interstate.
- Special talks that provide an opportunity to discover developments in contemporary design and how home grown and international designers can contribute to a more sustainable future.
- In 2015 we plan to expand the program of our new chapter based in Melbourne.
The Australian Architecture Association is not about promoting individual designers, it is about allowing people to understand and celebrate the value of architecture, urban planning and heritage.
We believe that everyone should be empowered to effect positive change on the way our cities are shaped and this can only happen through fostering understanding and encouraging people to debat the merits of architecture and design.
We want to thank you in advance for your generous support!
- Article: Vanessa Couzens
- Image 1: Keep Architecture Open
- Image 1 Photographer: Vincent Lam
- Image 2: Images from At Home With the Architect
- Image 2: Photographer: Vanessa Couzens